A Professional Day - Time to Get Ready for Conference

Today will be a day of conference preparation and continuing education thoughts and work. I had originally arranged for this day off significantly before all this happened, and I decided to continue to take this day as a preparation day yesterday when I realized that I had lots to do to get myself ready for conference. Most of what I will be doing on this day involves continuing education in one form or another, so I think it definitely falls under the category of professional development.

If you haven't heard yet, the AMTA national conference is going to be online this year. I am actually pretty excited about this. Nothing will change the excitement of being completely surrounded by living, breathing music therapists, but AMTA is FINALLY joining The Online Conference for Music Therapy, inc. in the 21st century! Welcome!!

I am going to spend some time sending in presentation proposals to AMTA today. I have a couple of ideas (finally) rattling around my brain that I can easily adapt to an online audience. I was a bit hesitant about going to Atlantic City this year, but since we are now going to be online, I have no qualms about sharing my thoughts and expertise with others now. Also, my former idea block seems to be opening up and ideas are coming again. I'm a bit relieved by the return of ideas. I haven't had any sort of interest in presenting to music therapists in the past year, which is extremely unusual for me.

Anyway, I have very little on my formal to-do list today other than to brainstorm ideas, develop learning objectives, and be completely immersed in music therapy thoughts and processes. I'm looking forward to it.

Since this day is reserved for professional development, I am going to get to it! "See" you tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA