Thoughtful Thursday: Feeling Twitchy - No Music Making...Yet

Well.

I am impressed with the things that my music therapy friends and acquaintances are doing in the face of this new way of living. My feeds are full of recordings and live streams and new thoughts about how to do music therapy where it is needed even when miles and kilometers separate us. It is amazing to see what is being offered out in cyberspace right now.

I am amazed by my fellow professionals.

I'm trying to figure out what my job may look like starting on Monday. Still no information on what I'll actually be doing after break, but I'm starting to think through my possibilities. I'm a bit hampered by distance, technology, and lack of knowledge, but there are still possibilities. Brainstorming also helps me remain sane in this time of uncertainty (again, one of my MAJOR anxiety triggers) - I like coming up with a plan for myself. It's even better when I can come up with seven plans for myself!!

One of the things that I've noticed about myself in this situation is that I haven't started making music yet. I picked up a guitar a couple of days ago and did some improvisation, but I'm not really in the mood for musicking right now. Part of this is because I am on my annual spring hiatus from musicking - spring break - but I think there are deeper things happening as well. Of course there are. How could there not be deeper things happening right now?

I am going to throw out things today. If it's been in a box for years now, then it goes out. I'm not going to look at it because I will find excuses for not throwing things away, but it has to happen. No time like the present, so I am going to start by throwing away the box of books that I've got within reach. Here I go...

Maybe I will find some time to make some music for myself in a bit as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA