New Month...New Goals

Over the past several months, I have not been goal-setting the way I tried to earlier in the school year. I am finally to a point where goals seem to be something good to do again, so I am heading back to my goal setting process to reset my thought patterns. Part of this is due to my penchant for bullet journaling and part is due to all the things that I have to do these days that are piling up and the fact that I need some structure to help me figure out what to do next.

So...I am setting some new goals for myself.

I sat down with my bullet journal on Saturday for my review of February and my goal process for March. I have limited myself to three goals. This is primarily due to the fact that I really want to do everything, but I need to focus on getting SOMETHING finished, so three goals seems to be the best number for me at this moment. I selected one environmental goal (cleaning my home), one business goal (exhibit hall production), and one personal goal (getting back into an evening reading routine). I hope to make progress on these goals every day. I did well yesterday, so the month is off to a good start!

Do you ever wonder why I write so much about goal setting and my process through life? It's because I am constantly struggling with getting things done. I am a very good starter, but I am a lousy finisher. I am trying to change that and to actually finish something that I start every single day.

Today's environmental objective is to clean the toilet. I will be starting that process before I leave for work, right after I finish this blog post. When I get home from work, all I'll need to do is to brush and flush and that chore can be crossed off. I want to print off some more file folder materials tonight as well. The last objective is to spend some time reading before I go to sleep - I have a trashy novel to read as well as TONS of tomes on my Kindle to explore. 

I'd like to decrease my television watching before bed, so I want to watch television out of my bedroom tonight and keep that room for reading only. I think there need to be some environmental changes in my home to encourage me to keep my bedroom a screen-free room. All of those things, though, will require major rearranging of my house, so I will simply focus on turning the screen off right now. 

It is time to get going on my first chore for the day and then to head to work. I hope that you have your goals for the month identified and are ready to work on them!!

Happy March!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA