Tuesday at Teachers Pay Teachers: Just a General Set of Ideas

Let me start this off by saying a couple of things. First of all, I do not get any financial compensation from Teachers Pay Teachers by recommending this platform OTHER than the small amounts that I get paid when I sell you a file of some sort. Second, I do NOT talk about anything that I do not use personally, so all of the information that I include here are things that I use to spur my creativity and to develop therapeutic music experiences for my clients. If I don't mention it, then either it has no benefit for me as a person or as a therapist.

When I go on to let you know about creators on Teachers Pay Teachers, I just want to show you that there are people out there who are making wonderful files that can have a direct impact on what we, as music therapists working with all sorts of populations and in all sorts of situations, can actually do with our clients using the merger of music and visuals to further reinforce information. I also like showing you what is available to you for free.

I am a seller on Teachers Pay Teachers. I have posted 28 products for music therapists and for therapeutic music experiences (TMEs). I try to include an original song in every one of my files so that you have an idea of what you could sing for the TME. Do I do this because I make lots of money at it?? Oh nooo! Do I do this because I love it? Yep, every second of it!

This creation and sharing is something that I love to do. I like taking the clip art that I have as part of my digital collection and then merging it with music in a way that encourages others to try out some of my concepts and ideas. It is just plain old fun for me!

So, I encourage each and every music therapist to go over to Teachers Pay Teachers and sign up. Signing up is free, and you don't have to purchase anything...EVER, but there are so many resources available (from free to having a significant cost) that you will NEVER run out of ideas for what you could do with these resources. The visuals are done for you - all you have to do is print them out and then use them - the music part is up to you! (Well, unless you buy one of MY products, and then the music part is there for you as well!)

Here are some examples of the files that I've found over the years - pictures of activities of daily living for sequencing and memory recall purposes, information about specific performers, coping skill strategy files, vocabulary words, handwriting worksheets, music education concepts, information about centers and how to make them for a music room (which I then took and used in my music therapy room). I like to take some time (usually hours) and just look at things that are available. I purchase some and then develop my own things based on the inspiration that I find at Teachers Pay Teachers.

Thanks for reading, and I hope that I've inspired you to go over and look for yourself and for your clients!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA