Too Much In My Brain These Days

I am in the most difficult part of my role as music therapy internship director right at this moment - that of observer and NOT therapist. My interns have taken over all groups but two and a practicum student has taken over one of the two groups leaving only one group per week for me. This will continue for the next two and a half weeks and then we'll have spring break, and I will get 10 groups back. In the meantime, I have to sit by the wall, watching and trying REALLY hard not to interfere in what my interns are doing in their group sessions.

As a result of all of my time sitting and watching, I've had lots of time to just think. So, I think about all sorts of things - the future of AMTA, the ways that the difference in age groups seems to be working - or not working, education, clinical training, TME ideas, the price of chocolate, the list of chores that I have to get done pretty soon, whether group members are engaged in therapy well, whether I will finish my day in a good mood or a challenged sort of mood...and the list goes on and on and on.

For now, let me say that I have to get going to work so I can fit in a 44 hour week in a week where I have to skip the 12 hour day (not disappointed about that at all) in order to engage in a Wednesday evening worship service - Ash Wednesday and the season of Lent is coming. Anyway, I have to leave work a bit early today because of a late afternoon appointment that I need to get figured out. More to think about.

I will spend some time with my journal today during sessions where I am just an observer. I will take some time to map out my thoughts into categories and then see if there is a common thread through it all.

We'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA