Wednesday Woes

I'm thinking that today is going to be a bit more difficult than the last couple of days. I wasn't able to do my new reading routine last night because I was out later than usual getting my new car and abandoning my old car.

I feel so much guilt about leaving my machines.

It is really silly to feel guilty about leaving a machine that I've had for 7 years as I drive off in a new machine. Isn't it? I blame Pixar for reinforcing the feelings I've had for years - cars have feelings!! (Tongue kind of in cheek here - I'm not totally convinced that they don't!) I'm hoping the next owner of my Pixie-car Two will be gentle with her. She's been through lots of miles with me and deserves a makeover and some rest.

TANGENT! Now to return you to the original topic of this blog post...

I ended up waking up really early this morning with a headache. I didn't get as much sleep as I would have liked, but that's my reality these days. I will go back to my reading routine this evening to see if it helps me settle into sleep easier. It worked on Sunday and Monday, and I am hoping to see some changes in my sleep patterns as a result of my changes to my evening routine.

My to-do list is growing rapidly. Figure out centers when equipment is broken or batteries are dead. Finish the new incentive program for my middle schoolers. Organize my desk so I can find things easily. Plan for four sessions today. Do some writing and grading. Try to raise the back of my chair in the new car so I can sit comfortably. Order supplies for the student store. Notes - lots of client notes - always client notes. Make an effort to write out TMEs for centers. Pay bills for my surgery a couple of months ago. Keep moving forward. It has been some time since I sat down to create something, so that goes on the list. I need to write to my mother - thank you notes for Christmas and the letters that she likes to get. Marketing the next webinar. Figuring out what to do with CBMT to get the webinars that I like to share preapproved for CMTEs. 

The problem with to-do lists is that they can never end. I know mine never seem to finish completely - I just migrate the tasks and then throw them away. This is why prioritization is such a valuable tool for me. 

My work to-do list will include finishing notes first (that's always first), planning for sessions, reviewing intern assignments, and then finishing the new incentive plan for my middle schoolers. If I get to it, I will organize my desk. 

My home to-do list will include creating something - I'm feeling the urge to do some watercoloring right now...I wonder if I will still feel that way this afternoon - and reading before bed. I will also pay off the most recent surgery bill. 

The rest of the tasks can wait until I am ready. For this moment, I will be starting to take things to my new car - I have a new charging cord for my new phone and I get to pair up devices with my new, fancy Bluetooth system (lots changes in cars in seven years!), and I want to put my shopping bags in the trunk. Oh, Kleenex. I need Kleenex in there as well. Gotta go get some things checked off my list.

Happy Wednesday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA