Tuesday at Teachers Pay Teachers: Adapting for Autism

Today's featured Teachers Pay Teachers store is Adapting for Autism. Run by a "specials" teacher who appears to cover all sorts of "specials," this store features 13 free resources for download and over 200 files for purchase. I have only accessed the Music Visual Supports and Schedules for Special Education and Autism resource - it cost me $4.50 - and that's what I am basing my review on today.

I REALLY like the instrument pictures and movement pictures that are part of this particular file, and I mounted them on cardstock and laminated them for use in my clinic. I use them every week for some of my students and often for the rest. There are music room rules and social stories to use as part of the packet. 

The rest of the files offered in this store are things put together for specific purposes but could be easily adapted to accommodate music therapy goals. There are seasonal file folder files to work on number recognition, communication building, and lots of other skills. As you know, I love file folder activities, so this store calls to me. I will need to download some of the freebies and try them out!!

I also like how the store owner has errorless files - these are the ones that show clients how to complete the task of a file folder without making mistakes. I have students who enjoy doing tasks but have difficulty with frustration tolerance. These folders are wonderful for providing success without needing to be corrected. I'm going to be designing some of my own - in fact, I have two errorless files already...

**Please note that I do not get any sort of financial compensation or benefit from writing reviews or showing you these Teachers Pay Teachers stores. Any thing that I have purchased, I have purchased with my own funds and use because I find it valuable in my sessions.**

I hope that these Tuesday posts help you find some resources for your music therapy sessions.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA