Tuesday at Teachers Pay Teachers: Music A La Abbott

It is Tuesday, and I am heading to Teachers Pay Teachers to highlight another creator! Today I am featuring Amy Abbott at Music A La Abbott. I usually find these creators when I am uploading my own products - I upload a little and then browse a little and then spend a little bit of money...

I digress.

I originally downloaded the Music Game Bundle - Ultimate Set of Card and Board Games bundle, but I know that I did not pay $40.00 for this file. I waited until there was a sale and then I spent my budget on the things I really wanted. This file was one of those things. There are card games and board games - all music related. Some of these games are a bit cutesy for my older students, but some of them are very age-appropriate. Her instrument cards use very good illustrations of many common music therapy instruments as well as the orchestral instruments. She even has a card for agogo bells and another for frog guiros! I admire a creator who considers all the instruments - even the more unique hand-held percussion instruments that many seem to forget.

If you use Powerpoint in your music therapy practice, Amy has some rhythm reading related shows in her store. I don't have a screen big enough to project things for my clients, so I have not tried any of these materials. She offers a couple of these slideshows for free, so I encourage you to check out her store. She is a music educator, so everything does have a music education focus, but there are things that can be used to supplement a music therapy session, especially if you are a school-based music therapist.

As always, please know a couple of things. First - I do not get any sort of financial compensation for recommending products, sellers, or files. I recommend things that I have used and liked just so you know what is out there. Second - If you purchase one of my files on my store site, I do get a portion of the sale price, but a small portion. Third - I make lots of adaptations to these files to make them into music therapy experiences. I think that is part of what being a music therapist is all about - making adaptations to make the concepts presented appropriate for music therapy treatment. If you are interested in how I use some of these games and ideas in music therapy, let me know. I'll be happy to let you know!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA