It's Hard to Get Motivated Today

I woke up earlier than my alarm light this morning, but not 1:30 am early - more like 3 am early. This, believe it or not, is improvement. I just read an article that states that Gen X women tend to get less sleep than those in other generational labels. I found that a bit difficult to accept and also reassuring at the same time. While I was in my "I'm not really awake" denial period this week, I luxuriated in the way my afghan felt and the weight of the kitty sleeping on my legs and the way my body felt as I was able to stretch without having to contend with gravity pulling my spine down towards my feet. So, I remained in bed until about 5 am and then I took my shower where I remained a bit longer than I should have because now I am a bit late and need to get going so I can beat my interns to my office because I HAVE to have some quiet time before they arrive and I have to start my day as supervisor.0
uiiiiiiiiiiii - the cat decided to add her take on the morning before taking over my chair. She's "helping," I think...

Anyway, today is a day where I made some choices that I will have to live with for the rest of the day. I will not get everything finished before I head to work, and that is okay, but I REALLY wish that I could stay in bed and sleep today.

One more reason to get hopping with some of my goals, I guess. Maybe I'll be able to stay in bed and work from home someday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA