1:30 am Wake-Ups Lead Me Into Stress Spirals

I woke up very early this morning, and I've had lots of time to start to stress over lots of things that are happening today. 

This is not good.

I'm a bit stressed to begin with that I woke up so early. That leads me into thinking about the new practicum student who is commuting from another state (and not the closest one) to work with me, the new intern who started on Friday, and the intern who's been here for lots of time now. There will be FOUR music therapists in the music therapy room on Monday afternoons. This is freaking me out! I am thinking about the cat who seems to be bored with me. I'm stressing about the webinar that I am running tonight - mainly because I ended up in the hospital after the last webinar. I know (rationally) that I won't end up in the hospital again, but those ideas are circling around and around in my brain.

I'm wondering how I can get some more sleep. I'm trying to figure out more evening activities for myself that don't cost much money and engage my brain and body in a way that exhausts me so I can sleep until my desired wake-up time of 4am. Tonight's activity is the webinar. Tomorrow's activity is a movie...I think.

It is time to take my shower and go to work. Today will be what today will be. It's going to be interesting to have so many music therapists in the same room, but we will become accustomed to it. The cat has decided that she needs to cuddle - I need a shower. It is going to be a long day...I can tell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA