It's 4am, and I'm Facing Snow Day #2 - AT HOME!!

I am spending today at my home...again...due to inclement weather and a strange rental car situation where I don't want to chance going out onto slick roads where I may get into an accident. I usually go into work on these snow days because I work in a residential facility that has to be staffed on days when the school is closed. I get to take time off at any time in the future that I want, so being at work isn't too much of a chore. I actually like snow days, but I'm getting more and more nervous about moving around the slick world these days. Add in the fact that my little car is currently being repaired after it got run into while I was in the hospital for emergency surgery, my trepidation is a bit larger than usual. Also, on Sunday, I slid into a curb at a roundabout on my way to church in my little car, and I watched a 4-wheel drive SUV do the exact same thing. My tires bounced off the curb - no detectable damage - but I was rattled.

So, we are now getting ready for the second snow day of the season, and I am getting prepared to stay here at home rather than try to get to work.

Why is this happening? BECAUSE I'M SCARED!

Yesterday was taken up with driving my Pixie-car to the repair shop, waiting for the rental company to pick me up, listening to all the agents talk to folks constantly (I wondered if all Monday mornings were like that for those folks - egad!), trying to figure out all the doo-dads in the rental car, and then slipping home to watch the snow fall. I finished a new digital visual aid for my Teachers Pay Teachers shop, and that's about all I did. Today, I want to do a bit more of something useful. I really need to convert my closet from summer clothing to winter clothing. Perhaps that should be my focus for today. That would be a good use of my time. In my breaks during that chore, I could work on some of my other projects - sing about march is coming along pretty well...

I get cabin fever when I have to stay at home. It's not pretty (another reason that I prefer working on these snow days) to see me thinking about going out and then hearing my mother's voice in my head saying, "if it is too slick to go to school, then it is too slick to go to the movies." Darn that Mom-guilt! Today, though, I should be able to get to the Dollar Tree for a bit. I will wait until the freezing fog dissipates to decrease the possibility of slick surfaces. Some sunshine will help get rid of much of the slippery situation happening on the roads. For the moment, though, I'll watch television until I can text my supervisors about my decision to stay home.

I hope that we will not have snow day #3 tomorrow. I'm not sure that I will be able to make it through a third day in a row.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA