My Brain and My Body Are Starting to Catch Up

It's a good morning for me. I am feeling pretty rested these days - thanks to enforced time away from my job and a body that is craving healing that just stops at random times. I actually feel a bit of energy today, and that is something that hasn't happened for some time now. I have an appointment for lab work and a post-surgery follow-up this afternoon, so I have something to do later that will keep me going throughout the day.

I have spent several hours doing some brainstorming about various and sundry things lately.

I am narrowing down my word of the year for 2020. In fact, a bit of time with thesaurus.com, and I think I have my word. I'm not going to reveal it until closer to the end of 2019 and the start of 2020, but I feel that this word will be an effective prompt for me for this year. Hmm.

I've enjoyed having a word to guide me through this year. I was able to refer to it several times as I was trying new things. I also consider the fact that I took myself to the emergency room last week as a huge step of courage for me - I usually try to deny that sort of pain until I can go to the doctor, but I figured that I needed to have things addressed when my gallbladder continued to attack me from the inside out. I ended up in the hospital and having all the rest of this stuff happening, but I now know that my gall bladder can no longer be the root cause of any of my issues. Getting myself to the hospital was the courageous step for me, and I did it!

Other things on my courage list are not as life-altering. I have taken courses, tried new things, and stepped out of my comfort zone more than I would have in 2018, and my word of the year spurred me on each time. I found a new group of music therapists that I consider my friends now through taking a course that I would have never even looked at before my word of the year.

It sounds a bit funny, doesn't it? Putting so much onto a word, but it has worked for me.

I think my 2020 word of the year will encompass my work word of the year - refresh - quite nicely. I can then combine those two words into one concept without weakening either of them. I like it!

Since I feel rested this morning (the first time in a LONG time, let me tell you), I am going to try to push it a bit. I have to put the laundry away, and I would like to work a bit on cleaning the kitchen. I also have to take a shower and get ready for my afternoon appointments. I am learning to navigate my new digestive realities and will hope to come to some balance pretty soon. My current challenge is to see what I can do without pushing myself into exhaustion. I'm hoping that will not happen, but I will have to be careful to stop when I get tired.

In the meantime, I will continue to push my brain to think about all things music, therapy, and me! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA