Getting Things Checked Off the List

I have recently been through several business coaching courses, some music therapy focused, some not, and the common themes of all of them are future planning and focusing efforts towards getting to that future. These are things that I feel comfortable with in the music therapy world, but not so much in the business world that I am trying to immerse myself in at the moment. (Isn't it interesting that I have such a block when it comes to business and yet do the same exact things in my clinical work - why don't I think of that as business?? It's my business!! I digress - have to get back to the topic at hand...)

I have a vision of what I want to do with this part of my music therapy life, and I know what I need to do to get started, but I am not finding it easy to fit in my big plans with my everyday life, so days like this one are very productive and very few and far between.

I woke up about an hour later than I usually do (go me!), and I sat down to start blogging. It's about two hours later than that, and I am FINALLY getting down to writing this post. I've been a bit distracted, but in a very good way. I've sent out my newsletter, scheduled a free webinar for students (professionals are welcome as well), and figured out some more things to do on this cloudy, chilly, autumn day. I feel very productive and am so ready to check things off the to-do list to celebrate!! 

I still have many things to do on that same list, but I can finally see some progress towards the things that I want for my life and for my fellow music therapists out there! It's about time to move into the next thing that I have to get done today - hooking up the car for a diagnostic review to see why we're burning oil. After that, I have a creative project just for me to work on - something just for fun.

I may get one more thing on my 30-60-90 day plan checked off today. We'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA