Currently, I'm...

I am in search of a blogging reset. This is the second day in a row where it feels that my efforts to string together some sort of relevant post is more of a chore than a pleasure. Usually, I can come up with some sort of topic that interests me, but it has been more and more of a struggle in the past couple of months. I'm considering some sort of prompted list to help me out, but I'm afraid that will make things more chore-like than it is now. I don't want this outlet to become a chore. That's the kiss of death for anything creative for me - when it becomes a chore.

Oh, boy. I typed in "Blog prompts for therapists" and chose the second suggestion as a source. Fill in a couple of search terms, and this site arranges them into set post titles. You know the type, "The 3 things to increase..." or "How to decrease your struggles with..." Well, this is an idea, but it's not really my type of thing. I'm not all that interested in scripted titles, but it is a place to start my journey.

I am working on my 2020 planning and setup. I spent some time on Monday just thinking about a work for the year. I won't really decide what word I want to use until closer to January, but I am starting the process right now. My word for 2019 has led me into lots of good things, so I am hoping that my word for 2020 will inspire me at least as much - if not more! My quest is to find the perfect word to lead me out of this decade and into the next one.

I have so much to do, including Trunk or Treat tomorrow evening. I still have to buy enough candy to give to 800 trick-or-treaters and coordinate my costume. I have this thought in my head, and I am not sure how it will happen, but I think I can make it work. It will also allow me to lie down in my car rather than having to stand for a long time. This will help my back. Unfortunately, it also means going shopping for candy (ugh) and taking about 4 hours of my time away from other things. Just the thought exhausts me!

I'm getting ready to purchase a new car. It's time, but I hate the entire process of car buying. Mine has been ordered and is being made. 

It is time to get ready to leave for work. This is really a nothing type post - just a way to get me back into writing again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA