A Successful Weekend

I feel like I had a good weekend - one that was full of self-care and consideration as well as something that has made my immediate plans change. I spent lots of time sleeping on Saturday, and then I indulged in some time with my own energy renewing process - making something, ordering food, watching silly movies, and making something else. I finished one project that I've been working through in my head, and I made significant progress on another project that's been in the works for a long time. I am feeling like I got some things accomplished, and other than my blog topics, I didn't think much about music therapy at all - well, that's not true. I finished up several of the business things that I wanted to get done this month, so I did think about music therapy.

Before I let myself get into the process of thinking about what I haven't prepared for this upcoming week of music therapy interactions, let me bask a bit in what I did do.

I am part of a business challenge, Rock That Practice, that finished up about three weeks ago, but my goals, started during that challenge, have continued. I am in the first month of a 30/60/90 day plan, and I have three tasks left to do in about five days. None of these tasks are difficult, but they do take time and money, so I haven't started them. This seems to be my downfall - I know what I need to do, but I freeze when it is time to get things finished. My self-doubt comes out and takes over. When I am facing a deadline like this one, it is easier for me to get started on tasks that scare me. Strange, but that's me!

I'm going to spend some time putting together some CMTE course paperwork to submit to CBMT. I have to get four courses together - one for an organization that I work for, and three for my own use. I should be able to do this task with a couple of nights of thinking and purposeful work. I know what I'm doing tonight. Time to sit down with the CBMT Board Certification Domains to get my courses aligned and relevant to today's music therapists! 

I am hoping that the restful nature of the weekend oozes into this work week. It would be nice to have some energy when I get home. We will see how that works for me (it usually doesn't work that way AT ALL, but I am hoping that the current cool Autumn weather will help me with my energy levels). I tend to do much better with attitude and energy when we are out of the summer months for some reason. Maybe this is the reason behind my love of Autumn here in Kansas...no more S.A.D.!

So, just in case you are wondering, here is the project that I finished this weekend...
Front of the notebook cover

The dark side pocket

The other side pocket

It is a traveler's notebook cover, in the theme of my favorite stories of all times, with inner pockets and four inserts. I made it out of craft foam, wrapping paper, some Mod Podge, some eyelets, and some elastic. Oh, there is also a hair band involved in keeping the entire thing tethered together. I need some Star Wars charms to put on the outside and some things to put in the pockets and some places for things like Post-it Notes and receipts or stuff before I feel that this project is completely finished, but I'm very excited to have made this from beginning to end and to now have something that is very functional for me as well as something that reflects what I love.

The best thing about this project?? If it doesn't last very long, I have more of all of these materials, so I can make another one. If I have to make another one, I'll make some refinements to make it different in some way. For now, though, I am very happy with what I accomplished this weekend. Here's to hoping that it will continue through this week!

Happy Monday, all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA