Fun Friday: Shopping for Toys and Games and Stuff for Kids to Buy

One of the elements of our Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) system at work is a store where students can turn in their points earned to get things. I am in charge of the store, so I have to stock its shelves and make sure that there are things available at all times. Right now, that has been somewhat difficult because I have gone through all of the donations from last year's holiday season, and I have been asking questions about budgets and all that stuff. I now have my answers, and I get to go to our local store and spend money today.

I am beyond excited to spend some time roaming around a store, spending money (that is not my own) on things that my students will purchase. Sometimes I make great choices - sometimes, not so much - but everything eventually finds a home. I have a set amount to spend, so I will get to make lots of decisions. I will find myself pinching every single penny, and that's exciting to me! I love having boundaries and then figuring out how to stretch those boundaries as far as I can!! 

Did I mention that I also get to make a list??

Oh, this just combines so many of the things that I love, and is the reason that I took on this extra duty.

Have you ever been caught up in the phrase which comes at the end of almost every job description, "Other duties as assigned"? This is the one that makes me have to do afternoon bus duty almost everyday and is the one that allows me to spend a morning shopping for toys, games, snacks, posters, and nifty accessories! It is a double-edged sword, that phrase! 

To tell the truth, I don't mind doing afternoon bus duty. It is nice to be one of the last faces that some of my students see as they head for home. I just also like going home early (when I have extra time on the books). That's pretty much gone now that I have afternoon duty on Fridays...

So, I am off to do something for others that will give me some fun in the process! I hope that you have an opportunity to enjoy what you are doing today - whatever that is!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA