Current Challenge - An Inventory

I'm currently doing a five-day, free business challenge led by Rachelle Norman and Mary Owenby Altom, and my current challenge is to take an inventory of what I have around me. Their suggestion was to inventory the instruments and materials that are part of the music therapy stuff that we all have tucked away, but I already have that in place for my full-time music therapy job (not the business that I am growing), so I wanted to do something that would benefit my business, musictherapyworks.com, rather than something extraneous. So...

My current challenge is to go through all of the digital files that I have and see what is available right now to be released as a product on my website. I know that I have bunches of file folder templates that I can tweak a bit and then post on my Teachers Pay Teachers site. I have courses that just need an approval from CBMT to make them work. I have books of therapeutic music experiences (TMEs) that people seem to like, but no one really knows anything about. I just need to know what I've got. So...

Is anyone interested in an internship handbook? Something that will provide some guidance to music therapy students through the process of applying all the way to developing a marketing plan for the first music therapy job? Mine is almost ready for publication.

Is anyone interested in CD/playlist preference books for clients to select their favorite genres and performers? I just finished the first one of those that I've ever created, and I am getting ready to finish the second...at some point this weekend.

Is anyone interested in hand drawn fill-in-the-blank file folders? I've got them in my files.

Is anyone interested in TME plans based on themes? On goal areas? On populations? I've got those, too.

I'm not sure how quickly I can do this inventory, but I will be working on it as I can find the energy to do so. 

My goal for my website is to become a one-stop shop for my fellow music therapists - a place to find continuing education, TMEs, visual aids, and materials to help those same therapists keep in touch with their creativity and love of music therapy. I want materials to be cost effective (hence the Teachers Pay Teachers site - everything is under $10.00 USD - on purpose!) so that all music therapists can access the materials without too much financial strain. Other things will cost more - CMTEs have associated costs that require more money - but I still strive to make things accessible. It's a dream that I hope will become a reality through this challenge and through hard work.

I think I may have the meat of a new mission statement. Nice.

I have an hour left before I need to head out for work - I think I'll start my database and get started looking at my files. See you tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA