Having to Go Old-School - For a Time

After the iPod was killed during the last week of school, I've been floundering with ways to get client-preferred music to my music therapy clinic. Before the great demise, I had my entire music library with me at all times. Now, I am dependent upon something that I thought I wouldn't really have to rely on again - CDs!

The last time my computer needed to be replaced, I had very limited choices because I wanted a CD-burner. All the computers that were readily available to me did not come with that feature. I found exactly two options for this particular tool. TWO! I snapped up the one that I liked the best, and I am very thankful that I did! Flash forward to 2019, and I find that I need this "outdated" technology to keep the music playing in my clinic.

Now, we are figuring out how to stream music via Spotify, but that's had all sorts of complications as well, including folks who don't respond to the consistent emails for assistance and a need to get funding approved. In the meantime, I have been making CDs of our favorite songs and various music playlists and bringing them back into the music therapy room.

I like this.

I think I'll bring out the cassette tapes and the record players just to demonstrate what we used to do back when music didn't just arrive out of thin air. We'll also talk about how you could only really listen to one type of music at a time unless we made sure to tape songs off the radio for mix tapes. Ah, the good old days. 

I think I'll look at my library and make some more CDs this morning. I need to burn a CD for Frozen and another one for Moana and yet another for Zootopia (that's for me - the others?? For clients, of course!).

I'll keep burning CDs as long as I can! Thank goodness for outdated technology in this world of streaming this and downloading that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA