Thinking Things Through

I'm spending lots of time inside my head these days - not lots of time doing things, but lots of time visioning and trying to get to the next steps in lots of projects.

I had an interesting dream last night - I was moving into a new house with a family (not my real family, but in the dream it was my family). The house was full - I mean so full that things were all over the place, and I could barely move without knocking something over. I was trying to find my room and the walls kept getting closer and the sleeping areas kept getting smaller and smaller as I kept looking for my place. I woke up before I found the place I needed to find.

I find the thought of dream interpretation to be very interesting, so I went to the Dream Moods Dream Dictionary. Here are some of the elements that they recommended for my dream...

To see a house in your dream represents your own soul and self. Specific rooms in the house indicate a specific aspect of your psyche. In general, the attic represents your intellect, the basement represents the subconscious, etc.

If you see messy and/or dilapidated houses in your dream, then it implies that an aspect of your own life is in chaos. You may be suffering from some emotional or psychological clutter. You need to release these feelings in order to regain control. 

To dream that you are inside a stranger's house indicates that there is something that you have yet to discover about yourself. It may mean that there are repressed memories, fears or emotions that you are not confronting.

To see a new house in your dream indicates that you are entering into a new phase or new area in your life. You are becoming more emotionally mature. from: http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/h3.htm

Clutter
To see clutter in your dream indicates that you need to clean up and organize a certain aspect of your life. The dream could be telling you that you need to let go of the past. from: http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/c3.htm

Maze
To dream that you are in a maze denotes that you need to deal with a waking task on a more direct level. You are making the situation harder than it really is. Alternatively, the maze symbolizes life's twists and turns. It represents indecision, confusion, missteps, feeling lost or being misled. from: http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/m2.htm

It is very interesting to see what others think about dream images. I wonder what I need to deal with on a more direct level, let go from my past, and discover about myself. What is in chaos?? At least my upward journey towards the attic indicates that I am working on my intellect...

Isn't it interesting to have a dream which indicates quite a bit of what I am thinking these days - I didn't have an idea about what my dream would indicate when I started this post, but it does seem to fit.

I've been thinking about so many things - here's a small sample...

Website design, songwriting, visual aids, proof-reading, teaching people to listen, training staff to wait, graphic design, moving to a new place in my profession, therapeutic music experiences, PayPal, rabbits, evaluations, assessments, documentations, cat snuggles, July, laminating, Happy Mail, budgeting, jealousy, sharing with others, scheduling, corner rounders, Hawaii, batteries for the remote, Mad-Libs, organization, intermittent fasting, teacher appreciation - or not, graduation, repetition, stuff, family, health,...

Egad - no wonder the dream house was so cluttered. Time to pack some things up and throw away others. There are many things that are just not necessary to think about, to fret about, to ruminate upon. It is okay to let things go.

I probably don't need to be thinking so much about rabbits.

There you go.

I did wake up with a way to get going on my website redesign project - it was a logistical issue rather than a creative one, and the solution is really obvious, but sometimes obvious solutions are the most difficult to see - work smarter, not harder - this is something I strive for every single day. I often fail at this particular task - working smarter - but I continue to try.

This is my late work start morning, so I have about two and a half more hours before I have to get into work mode. I'm going to start my website redesign and then check some stuff off my list so I can stop thinking about those particular tasks.

Maybe I'll dream about wide open spaces later this evening - probably not, but it's a hope of mine...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA