It's Almost Spring Break #2!!

Heading Into the Future - Planning and Resting
I am having some interesting (at least, to me) thoughts this morning. Lots of them are centered around this week and how I will be spending my self-care time later this week. You see, I'm taking this Thursday and next Monday off. I already have Friday off on the school schedule, so I am using some snow day time to extend this holiday weekend into a five-day weekend. This will allow me to skip the Luau (my own special kind of agitation - everyone else seems to love the event. I do not and never have, so I decided to skip it entirely!) and have a day after Easter to relax before getting back into the world of music therapy.

I have plans. I have something that I really want to do, but I'm not sure if I'll get it finished. I am going to try my best this time around to do this task from beginning to end, while still finding time to sleep. It will be interesting to see if I can get this done.

Originally, I was going to try to find a place to go to do some dreaming and some thinking about where I want to go with my future, but I just paid the bill for the first real vacation that I'm going to be taking, so I'm a bit shell-shocked by that amount heading out of my accounts. So, my mini-break will be a staycation with those dreaming and thinking tasks embedded into my other chores. 

My favorite way to do work around the house is a 30 minute pattern. I spend 30 minutes on a non-preferred activity and then 30 minutes on a preferred activity. I set my R2-D2 timer (yep, I have one!), and then I go until he rings. Then, I set him again and switch to another task. I go back and forth between tasks until I'm completely finished with everything or until I am tired - usually it's being tired that interrupts my process. So, a bit of my onerous task and a bit of visioning - back to a bit of the task and another bit of visioning.

But, I need to remember that I am not at this mini-break yet. There are still three more work days until I can vacate my current work brain for a bit.

I have to try not to set my expectations for myself too high. I know what I want to do, and I think I'll have plenty of time, but we will see. I tend to have bigger dreams than I can achieve in five days. We'll see.

Three days of work. Three days. Work. Three.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA