Presentation Proposal Season

It is that time of year again - presentation proposal season. Time to start thinking about what my fellow music therapists may want to hear about during conferences and on my website. I tend to coordinate lots of thoughts and proposals when planning for the national conference of the American Music Therapy Association, and those ideas form the basis of the CMTE courses that I offer over on musictherapyworks.com and for all of my other presentation proposals. I am bound and determined to finish up my proposals and send them off this weekend, so I am taking some time to start looking at my archives to see what my brain settles on.

This year, I am attempting something that I haven't done very often. I am thinking about submitting a presentation for a non-music therapy conference. This is the presentation proposal that makes me the most uneasy because I am not exactly sure what to speak about to this group of eclectic clinicians. Being accepted means a trip to California in October though, so I will definitely submit some sort of idea. 

The rest of my opportunities are music therapy based, of course.

Here are some of the presentations that I've offered over my years of presenting to music therapists. Let me know if any of these seem interesting to you.

More Music Therapy with Less Therapist Work - Session Strategizing
More Than Lyric Analysis: Therapeutic Music Experiences for Adolescents in Music Therapy Treatment
Writing Rock Solid Clinical Goals, Objectives, and Benchmarks
Two-Tiered Supervision for Music Therapy Interns 
Everything in One Bag: Creating Diverse Therapeutic Music Experiences and Sessions with Limited Materials
Music Therapy and the Common Core Curriculum
Becoming a Research-Informed Clinician
Abstract Concepts for Concrete Minds: Working with Persons with Intellectual Concerns
Knowing the AMTA Professional Competencies: A Guide for Music Therapy Students
From Many to One: Treating Individuals Within Group Settings
Music Therapy Ideas for Adolescents with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
One Client, One Instrument
Operationalizing the AMTA Professional Competencies: Finding a Common Meaning
Tackling Music Therapy Intern Supervision Challenges
 Being a Gate Keeper: Ethical Considerations when Supervising Student Music Therapists
Internship Agreements
Maximizing Music Therapy Using Minimum Space
Music from Marbles and More

These are just some of the things that I've presented over the years. I've also presented on developing online materials, lots of TME development ideas, and lots on internship programs. My favorite things to share are TME ideas because that's what I want from a conference - some cool new things to share with my clients when I am finished with all of it!

Let me know if anything in the list above looks interesting to you. I am also thinking about doing something with the exhibit hall - maybe. That's a bit scary for me - moving from sharing to selling things... maybe this is the time for this step into courage.

That is my word for this year, after all. Courage.

Comments

  1. I would appreciate anything that has to do with adolescent TMEs and supervision. I also like the one about more music therapy with less therapist work! I can't wait until you get more online CMTEs available.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA