Wednesday - I Hope It Will Be "Regular"

We had a regular day yesterday. We did our regular schedule and saw the kids that we usually see on Tuesdays. It was a good day.

Then I came home, had some dinner, went to sleep, got really bad acid reflux, and then had anxiety dreams all night. I awoke to find a rebuke for something that I was doing that was a careless mistake (my LEAST favorite mistakes) and that I had to fix. Fortunately, I only had to fix my mistake on 12 things (rather than the 95 that I will eventually complete), so that's somewhat positive. I just hate it when I make these types of mistakes - they stick in my brain (if I let them). The good thing is that I've fixed the mistake and will fix the template that I used that was also incorrect. So, my day is not really starting off as "regular," but I still have hope.

Today looks like it will be a regular day. The high temperature is forecast to be 53 degrees Fahrenheit and there may be some sunshine involved as well. I should be seeing the students in music therapy who are supposed to be in music therapy on Wednesdays. This is the first time that we have had a "regular" Wednesday in about a month. I am more than ready.

Today's schedule includes five groups (three run by my senior intern who is starting the termination process and three run partially by my junior intern who is FINALLY starting to take over therapy responsibilities - inclement weather has messed up lots of stuff) and a meeting. Of all the things that will happen today, the meeting is causing me the most stress - but just because I'm letting it cause stress.

For this Wednesday, I'll be leading therapeutic music experiences after my junior intern finishes hers. I will figure out what I want to do with kids based on how they work during her TMEs, and then we'll go from there. I am in the process of transferring therapeutic relationships with all of my students right now - some are being transitioned to my junior intern, and I am starting to take back some of the relationship duties from my senior intern. It's always an interesting process to go through - the start and stop of relationships within the music therapy world. I do not have an intern coming in, so I will get to foster those client relationships again. I love that part of my job - the "being a therapist for my clients" part. That part of my job is why I am still a music therapist after all these years, I think. I still love making music with my clients.


I have arranged to take some of my snow day time off on Fridays and will be working an abbreviated day every Friday from now until the end of the year (unless we get more inclement weather days on Fridays - then I'll be there for the entire day!). I will have used up about half of my hours in this way, but I will still need to use more time to make up for the extra hours that I've already worked. My first "abbreviated" day is this Friday. I will stay at home late and then leave early. Ah. What a good way to have a Friday.

For now, I will take my shower, dress in my work uniform, and then head out into the world to see what this "regular" Wednesday will bring to me and those around me. Time to go!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA