olllllllllp/.

Oh dear, the cat's been on the keyboard again.

Well, that seems as good a title as any for this dark morning. As of this moment (4:31 am), my school district is still open for business which means I may get my wish for having a regular Wednesday rather than a snow day Wednesday like the past two weeks. We will see if that comes to pass.

I was released at 1:00 yesterday due to the icing conditions. My commute home wasn't too bad, but things were getting a bit slick so I am glad that I had a chance to get home before the winter weather advisory started up. It was nice to be home, but it led to lots of yelling from the cat who didn't seem to understand why I was home and her bowl was empty. Life with cat.

While I was at work yesterday, I spent some time looking at my work space and trying to figure out what I want to do with that space. I did my documentation yesterday while my intern was leading her group, so I have some time this morning to work on my office. I have many things that need to be taken out of my office and put into the student PBIS store. That will help a bit, but there is still SO MUCH STUFF! Maybe that should be my memoir title - it would describe many of the aspects of my life. 

I am going to use some zone work in my office. A storage space for student store stuff - a place for electronics - a place for tools - a place for materials - a place for references - you get the idea. I want to repurpose some of the areas in my office for other things. Some stuff will need to be brought home. Other stuff needs to be tossed out completely. Projects need to be finished up and then placed where they can be used.

To get this completely finished, I will have to destroy what is present right now. This will mean having lots of disorganization and lack of structure for a bit, but I can do that. I will take my reusable grocery bags and use them to sort and store stuff until I can get things back where they belong. I have lots of cardboard boxes that I can repurpose for storage in the student store, but I have to take things out and shift things around in there as well. This process will take time, and I don't want to take the time. I want an organization genii to show up and take care of my every organization wish.

That probably won't happen.

Right?

(By the way, if you have an organization genii sitting in a bottle somewhere just waiting for a challenge, I'd be happy to give him or her an opportunity to transform my living and work environments! I'd even pay for shipping!)

I will take before and after pictures of this process. I will also take pictures during the entire thing. I think it will be a good reminder for me that I like things to have their places and to be in their places when I need them. In the meantime, there will be disorganization and confusion in my work environment and not enough space to turn around until I get finished.

Now, (at 4:59 am) I am going to spend some time watching YouTube videos and exercising before making something. I don't know what I want to make yet, but that's part of the process of making things - figuring out what possibilities are available. Maybe my creative process this morning will include straightening up my creative desk - it's a mess right now. As you can see...

Off into a world of no snow days, time to move things around, and changing the way things are done to something that includes new ways to do things... Time to go!

Comments


  1. You are writing some Amazing tips. This article really helped me a lot. Thanks for sharing this blog. https://www.sensorybounce.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA