It is Almost Music Therapy Day!

Do you know that the World Federation of Music Therapy has decided that March 1st is International Music Therapy Day? Isn't that fun?

I didn't do much last year for Music Therapy Day, but I'm thinking about doing something this year. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I'll figure out something. I'm going to start with a poster on my bulletin board. After that? Who knows??

Having a day for music therapy advocacy and recognition around the world is a really fun idea. I enjoy the thought that there are music therapy friends in Taiwan who are celebrating this unique profession at the same time that there are music therapy friends in South Africa and Canada and Sweden and here in the states doing their own celebrations. I wonder what we can do to make this more of a recognized day rather than just something that we do as music therapists...

I encourage you to head over to the World Federation of Music Therapy site to see what types of things are happening in the world of music therapy. There is so much more than what is happening here in the United States - I promise! While you are there, consider becoming an individual member. I'm re-upping right now. 

Also, consider how you can increase your advocacy or professional recognition in your place of work or business on March 1st and every day. I think I'll start with a poster. Maybe I can do a virtual open house of my website on that day. Who knows? I'll have to think about all of this.

What are you going to do to celebrate our profession on March 1st? I may just buy a bottle of sparkling cider and toast myself and you for being part of this profession!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA