I Need a Creation Break

During these months (it has been months, hasn't it?) of inclement weather, I've fallen off the creating wagon a bit. It has been some time since I've sat at my craft desk and actually made something, but I am starting to feel the itch to create something again. I think the settling weather is helping with that resurgence.

Of course, the weekend forecast includes 3-5 inches of snow, but that offers an opportunity to create without having to go outside for any reason at all. That's a perfect setting for some playing with creativity.

I wrote a new song yesterday. It's been a while since I've written something that has not been improvised, so that's an indication that creativity is on the rise. I want to write it down, translate it into a therapeutic music experience, and then make it into a Teachers Pay Teachers file to share with others. Look out for "I'm Being a Bully" in my store pretty soon.

I also have a bunch of tasks to do to get myself ready to work with a media consultant. This is my professional goal for this year - to refine what I'm doing on this side of my music therapy identity. In between these tasks, I'll take some time to make things. I have a prayer shawl that is halfway finished, lots of paper, and tons of computer files to play with for making visual aids. I also have several laminating projects that I want to finish up and get out to various people. I'm hoping that my extra time on Friday and all day on Saturday without any obligations will give me some time to play.

I am going to start this entire process off by getting my lamination projects going. I may also look over all of my clip art to see what comes to mind for TME development. I will be a bit creative before I head out to work - I find that this helps me stay at home until a decent leaving time and sets me up for further creativity in my role as a music therapist.

Time to create.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA