Oh. Things Are Starting to Happen...

Random picture of my Bella-cat... just because I can!
Yesterday, I got my first nomination for some music therapy happy mail for a deserving music therapist. I am looking forward to making up a box of stuff and sending it out to someone that I don't know. I hope that it will brighten up the day of the recipient! The best thing about this nomination is that it was truly anonymous! I have NO idea who nominated the recipient, but thank you. Thank you so much for allowing me to do this on your behalf and for the benefit of someone you have a vested interest in!!

I love it when we support one another as fellow music therapists and as human beings.

I think I could support about two more nominations this time around, so think about who could use a bit of music therapy support and NOMINATE please!! I will not publish the names of any person nominated, so feel free to nominate - I get the comments and make decisions about publication - nothing with names is published!! I will post a picture of the box once I get it all put together. Be thinking about who you can nominate as well!

My interns came up with the name for a tongue-in-cheek blog post series - "When Good Interns Go Bad." I am intrigued by this title and will be thinking about how to write a serialized post about the travails and triumphs of a fictional music therapy internship director and the interns who come in and out of her (it will be a "her," sorry guys) music therapy life. 

I'm thinking the name Bertha rings a bell at the moment - it was listed as one of the 2016 names threatened with extinction, so there probably aren't many Berthas out there to become offended - well, I hope not. Let me know if you know any music therapy Berthas.

This conversation developed out of a more general conversation about communication and the challenges that we all have with talking to each other. I shared experiences that I have had with communication over the years, and this title was born. I'm going to spend a bit of creative time developing a couple of plot lines and characters. Who knows if it will ever become more than just an idea, but it is fun to contemplate.

This has been a strange week. We had Monday off, went to work on Tuesday (never a good combination - I wish that we NEVER had Mondays off - Tuesdays are always strange), had a snow day on Wednesday, went back to another regular day (which was a Thursday but felt like another Monday-Tuesday), and now we have a regular Friday. We had pretty good music therapy sessions with kids seeming to be pretty happy to be with us, making music and communicating wants and needs. It was a pretty good therapy week.

Work is pretty much the same, but things are starting to happen outside of my primary job. I like it when plans start to come together.

I hope you have a wonderful week next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA