I'm a Bit Over Ambitious...Is That a Surprise??

I currently have WAY too many ideas in my idea book that I want to do but don't have time to get finished. This happens to me quite often during these winter months. The summer months tend to be my time to stagnate and become less interested in finishing things, but the winter months are my time to create and dream and try to keep up with the flow of things that come into my brain at random times.

Right now, my idea list has the following projects on it:
  • a new CMTE course for internship directors and supervising music therapists - four out of 10 modules outlined awaiting Powerpoint and videos
  • sing about March - three out of five TMEs written and formatted. Visual aids are uploaded to Teachers Pay Teachers - still need one more visual aid to go with a TME that needs to be written.
  • proposals for two music therapy opportunities - one is local, one is not. I'm thinking through things like fees, possibilities, and what I can offer to other music therapists as I go into this type of consultation work (hopefully).
  • working with a consultant to increase my visibility in the music therapy world - took a gulp last week and made a step into courage and the unknown. I'm looking forward to getting started with this consultant who is just fun!
  • sing about April - I'm in the brainstorming phase for this mini-packet, coming up with TMEs that go with this month. Release date - hopefully by February 5, 2019. Stay tuned for more information!!
  • upcoming presentations - I have four presentations to prepare. One is for the Online Conference for Music Therapy and three are for the Midwestern Region Conference in April.
  • several song ideas are floating around in my head. I am doing lots of improvisation and singing random things to random people (and not so random people - my sister actually asked for songs last night to make her evening commute a bit less stressful.)
My biggest issue is that I have all these ideas, but I am exhausted during these months of creativity and idea generation. I get home and just want to sleep. That's why I have my book of ideas - to store my thoughts until I can work on them.

I am going to set an intention for this day. I am going to finish one of the things on my list this evening. I don't know which one it will be, but I will finish something on this list when I get home tonight. 

Have you ever heard the adage, "bit off more than you can chew?" This is what happens to me as a person - I often bite off more than I can chew. My brain is more ambitious than my body, and my ideas list grows and grows without anything being accomplished. So, I am going to spend time accomplishing something today. We'll see what it is this evening.

My intention?

Move forward on one of my ideas.

Set and moving forward. Time to go be creative now. See you all very soon! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA