Thoughtful Thursday: Feeling Productive

I am on the downhill side of a long workweek, and I feel that I've managed to get quite a bit finished. I have two new Teachers Pay Teachers files up on my store, I have kept up with the registrations for the symposium I am coordinating that happens this weekend, and I finished up a really long day yesterday. I did manage to wake up about an hour later than usual this morning, but I still feel that I am ahead of the game.

I think this goes along with my reverse seasonal affective disorder. I tend to feel happier and more productive in the dark hours of the winter than I do in the hot days and nights of summer. I'm not sure why, and I wasn't really this way when I lived in California, but here, I am not a fan of the bright days of the summer.

For the moment, though, I am feeling pretty good.

This may also have something to do with getting back into some of my music therapy groups. We are starting to address termination of services by my senior intern, so I am now in the room for her groups - just to remind my former clients that I'm still here and coming back and to introduce me to the clients who have not had me as their therapist before. Since my intern has (gulp!) two weeks of her internship left, it is time to get back into the swing of therapy things again.

I have always felt that my clients are what keep me engaged in this profession. I enjoy the act of doing music therapy with people who seem to enjoy music or me or something about music therapy. I need to remember this as I get ready to start another internship training process. I need to be therapist for someone this time around.

This is going to be a short post this time around because of the aforementioned wake up time, but I am going to try to keep up with this level of productivity until the end of Saturday's symposium. Now, off to get gasoline and get to work!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA