Song Conversion Sunday: Finishing Up Lullaby and Lopalong

It has been a long week full of illness in my neck of the woods, so you may have noticed (or maybe not, that's okay) that I haven't posted many of the days this week. I am starting to feel better, though, so I thought it would be good to start off this whole feeling better thing with a Song Conversion Sunday post - something to start the week off right.

Here we go...

Over the past couple of weeks, I've been taking a song that I found in one of my songbooks, one that was randomly selected from one of my many shelves of sheet music books, and a song that was chosen by opening up the book to a random page. The page that I selected has a really simple song on it that I really do not like a whole bunch, but that is the song that I have, so that is the song that I'm using. (If you want to read more, check out these posts - Post One and Post Two.) 

It is now time to figure out how to use this song clinically. The music is not complex at all - good for multiple uses. The lyrics aren't really all that applicable to anything other than the original intent of the author - working on //L// production sounds, so unless I get a client who needs to work on articulation, I won't choose to use the lyrics as they are originally composed. The melody is repetitive, so it could be the basis for a repetitive task song for my clients - offering prompts to complete sequential steps to any specific task. Basically, this is a good all-purpose piece of structural music to be used in many different ways with many different clients - in my opinion, anyway.



Okay. That's that for that song. I think I'll skip ahead to the selection process for next week's song...


Bella was "helping."
I picked two books this time because the first book I chose, The Birth of Little Tune, is actually a story that includes a short tune at the end. I'm not sure if I will want to change the music for this particular book as the book and the song go together, but we'll see as I read through it. The second book is my 80's and 90's Rock Paperback Songs and I opened it up to page 149 - Roll to Me by Justin Currie. So, I now have two choices for my next version of this post. Tune in next week to see what I actually do.

I wonder if I could do a mashup between the two songs...hmmm. That may be the lingering aftereffects of my recent illnesses.

Happy Sunday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA