Ramblings

This is not a good sign - I am not interested in blogging this morning. Usually I get out of bed and look forward to writing something to post, but I am not finding things to be interesting right now. This may be a side effect of my recent illness, but it is not something that happens to me regularly, so I am a bit concerned...

I've had one of those strange virus type things that are going around out here. It was not pretty, and I spent two and a half days at home from work last week because I could not get away from the bathroom for more than 5 minutes. I've eaten very little since Tuesday, and now I am trying to head back to work. I have to be there this week, but my stomach and gut are still iffy and I want to be careful not to get sick again. I have things to do this week and next, and I want to be healthy for those things. So, I am working on my self-awareness and self-care.

One of the things that I try to think about often is my "self." This sounds a bit selfish I know, but during situations like last week, my "self" takes over all of my attention. It's kinda difficult to focus on others when all you can think is "Is that my stomach rumbling? Is this a good rumble or a bad rumble?... Oh." Therefore, the self has to take precedence over others. This is my main criterion for a sick day - whether I will have to leave clients in the middle of a session to take care of "self." If that is the case, then I'm not going to go to work.

There are lots of other "self" things to think about. Self-actualization, which (based on my understanding and the Dictionary.com definition) is all about finding out and understanding what you are capable of through full examination of your different roles in the world, is one of those terms.

This is ending up being a rambling type of post, so I think I will close for now. Maybe I'll have some more energy and coherence tomorrow...I hope!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA