Moving Right Along

My week has been a good week. It's been full of ups and downs, but, on the whole, it has been pretty good. I had to spend some time, during my 12-hour day at work, focusing specifically on finding things that made me feel happy in that moment, but I was able to fill a page of those things - even in the midst of my disgust at having to be somewhere that I did not want to be AND doing something I did not want to do. I found some happy thoughts and was able to refocus on those things rather than my immediate situation.

At the moment, I am enjoying a late arrival day for the last day of this work week. Everyone else had an opportunity to leave early on our 12-hour day, but I had already worked the hours, so I went to the doctor yesterday. Turns out I have an outer ear infection (which I knew about) and a urinary tract infection (that started about 90 minutes before I made it to the doctor's office). As a result, I am waiting to pick up my medications at the pharmacy at 9am before heading into work. I'm taking the time, and I am enjoying the opportunity to fill time here at home. (The first load of laundry is going now.) I'll head to my pharmacy a bit before it opens so I can get some other things at the store, and then I'll head into work to do supervision sessions with both of my interns and my colleague. After that, I'll be finished with work and will head back here. Tomorrow is the OCMT symposium, so I'll be busy with those tasks and then it will be time to start focusing on Christmas programming with my church folks and my full-time clients.

I am a bit behind with shipping gifts to California for the holiday. If I'm not careful, I'll be paying to lug all that stuff through airports. Maybe I'll be able to start wrapping, inventorying, and shipping things tonight and tomorrow. I need to take my confidential shredding to UPS, so I can do two things at the same time - shredding and shipping - if I get coordinated. After the big things get where they need to be, I can finish up my shopping and take the rest where I need it when I need it to be there...

Okay. Enough nattering. It is time to transfer the laundry, take my shower, get my list of things to purchase at the store ready, and then go to the store/pharmacy so I can get my official work day started. It's almost my weekend, and I am READY!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA