Figuring Things Out as I Go Along

Yesterday, I took my idea book downstairs to work on it while my Dad and I shared some time together. Dad's idea of sharing time is always accompanied by shows like NCIS: Los Angeles, so we talk a bit, we watch a bit, we argue a bit. I decided to start fleshing out a continuing music therapy education (CMTE) course that I want to start while engaging in conversation, and it went pretty well. I've outlined the first two modules and can start getting the powerpoints started.

I tend to start off with a spark of an idea and then I try to figure out how I will get to my desired outcome as I go along the journey. This is how I approach things like treatment planning as well. For some things, I have an established sequence of events, but for most things, I move along within the process itself, adjusting as needed to move towards the end goal. There are times when I think that having a set protocol to follow regardless of client needs/preferences, etc. would be easier, but I know that changing and shaping treatment to each client is really the way my heart and brain operate. So, I continue to move in a (sometimes erratic) process of moving towards each clinical goal.

This is often my way of handling other situations in my life. My parents are aging, arguing, and teetering on the verge of leading completely separate lives. I am trying to navigate talking to them about their relationship with each other, their mental health, and options for their futures. My sister has done most of the groundwork, but she is having to constantly talk to them, and they have really started to tune her out. I have a slightly less confrontational manner, but it is getting to the point where there will have to be some confrontations pretty soon. 

So, I'm working towards personal goals, family goals, and professional goals at the moment, trying to figure out my next step towards all of my desired outcomes.
 
For this particular moment, as I am waiting for my parents to waken and start their days, I am going to start my powerpoint presentations for my new CMTE course. If you are interested in my current CMTE course, Composition and Creativity, check it out on my website at this link. Affordable and customizable coursework for you!! That's what I try to figure out as I go along...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA