Thoughtful Thursday: I Am READY!

I am ready to start heading towards the AMTA National Conference! This has been a long week of anticipation, making lists, and getting myself ready for interactions with lots of music therapists, but I think I have everything I need (once I shut down the laptop and put it in my bag). I have the addresses of TWO In-N-Out Burger locations (I can taste that goodness already). I am ready to go.

Conference is always a good vacation from my job. It is also one of the most stressful times of the year for me, but I continue to go. Lots of people talk about the cost and the inconvenience, but I have always made this interactive time a priority in my life, so I don't see it as an inconvenience. I guess perspective has lots to do with perception.

I don't go on fancy vacations. This is it for traveling to new places for me on a pretty regular basis. In fact, other than going home every so often, I haven't taken a "real" vacation in about 13 years.

Now, don't get me wrong. I do take time off, and I go places, but I don't really travel other than going to conferences or going home for a visit. I don't plan on trips to Belize or other popular destinations for folks my age (I guess - do people my age go to Belize lots?? Seems like it around here). I don't shy away from opportunities to go places, but I also don't insist on going places. I enjoy time at home, and I like being here, so I do the whole "stay-cation" thing most often. 

Conference is my big chance to travel every year, so it is what I save for, plan for, and cherish.

I will be heading out into the cold morning here in just a bit to hop in my car and make my way to the conference world. I have everything that I want to take with me ready to be placed into my two (small) bags, and I'll be on my way.

See you soon? I hope so!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA