I Did Something That Was Really Good For Me...

Sometimes, it is the smallest of things that relieve the most stress and anxiety from my reality. I did something this time that really was very good for me in helping me manage my stress and anxiety during this AMTA conference season.

I made a list!

I've never done this before, but I made a packing list and put it in my bullet journal planner.
Regular readers are probably rolling their eyes right now, thinking, "Well, of COURSE you made a list! You are ALWAYS making lists. Why is this something that you are writing about YET again???" Well, dear readers, this list has helped me in immeasurable ways this week as I have been preparing for one of the the best and most stressful weeks of my year.

This is specifically a packing list. (By the way, the clothing that I am taking is listed at the very top of the left page - add in some undergarments, and I am done with the entire clothing thing! Everything else is either stuff that I need - shampoo, jewelry, cash - or road trip stuff - snacks, the Kindle, etc. This tool has been invaluable since I started it last week. When I get a brainstorm about something that I just CANNOT forget (like the phone charger cord), I put it on the list. I color in the box when I put it in my (very small) suitcase. 

I am almost finished with packing and can do the rest in about 20 minutes when I am done with today's work duties (I get to be the Mouth in Body Venture at school today). I've changed quite a bit of the list items since I've taken this picture - for example all the food stuffs in the coolers are now off the list - but the majority of things are in my bag and ready to go with me on my trip. I have even looked at all of the presentations on the conference schedule, and I have decided which ones intrigue me at the moment. We'll see if I actually go to those presentations or not - I tend to attend things based on whim and level of energy.  So, I may go to all the presentations that I've flagged, or I may sit someplace and crochet - it all depends on me in the moment.

For this moment, though, I am looking at my list of things to pack and I am feeling like I can get things done in the next 24 hours. I am ready to go, and my list helped me with that feeling and level of preparation.

I just finished updating the website, so I can cross another task off the list of things to do!

Time to finish things up so I'll be ready to get where I need to be. Happy Wednesday, all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA