Will Anyone Remember Me? Do I Even Want Someone To Do So??

I've been watching the latest news from AMTA and have been involved in a video challenge where I've been focusing on my future over the past month. As part of the video challenge, we've been asked to think about what we want our businesses to be to others and to ourselves. I've been constantly thinking, dreaming, and trying to figure out my answers - as I've been babbling in front of the camera for this challenge.

One of the things that we spoke about was our reason for doing what we do in our businesses. 

I've decided that my reason is to share information about music therapy - products, continuing education, information, and networking - to other music therapists. I figure that someone has to be out there, trying to figure out a time-efficient way to write goals and objectives, and here I am - with a kinda time-efficient way to write those things. Why not share with others?

My vision for my business is for my website to be the place where music therapists go when they are feeling a bit stuck in their therapeutic music experience development process. I want music therapists to go to my website when they want to learn about more efficient ways to complete assessments. Or to identify signs and symptoms of compassion fatigue. Or start up a National Roster Internship Program! 

I want my website to be on the bookmarks/favorites list of lots of music therapists for lots of different reasons. 
Every time I write something like that statement above, I start to get nervous about being perceived as overly arrogant, as stupid, as all sorts of things, but that is really what I want to be to the music therapy world. I want to be a source, a problem-solver, a help to other music therapists out there.

I will go into this next week, looking for one way to start this process. For those of you who read this blog, thank you for being someone who pays attention to someone like me - a fellow music therapist, muddling her way around the world of music therapy. If you are a new reader, please take some time to explore. I have something like 2010 blog posts here - most of them aren't worth reading, but some are, and others may be relevant to where you are right now (and were relevant to me where I was when I wrote them). Thank you for coming. If there is some element of music therapy that baffles you, consider leaving me a question about it - I'll respond, I promise!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA