TME Tuesday: All Through the Night

Yesterday was a busy day. I had an intern applicant visit, a mid-term evaluation, and the start of my other intern's time as therapist for her caseload. I felt like I was running around all day, shifting my attention from one thing to another in a rapid manner. Once I got home, I found out that the cat was having some issues, so I had to figure out what was going on. I forgot about a video challenge that I had signed up for, so I had to figure that out. The first camera made my chin look all fuzzy and blurry, so I recorded myself several different times. Everything seemed to be all consuming (even though it was NOT so), and I just had to do everything because these things needed to be done (emphasis is my own - not something placed on me by anyone else). So, I ran from thing to thing and had to devote my attention to the task at hand each time there was a task at hand. I wish I had remembered this particular song last night as I was trying to quiet my body and my brain.

I love this song. It's one that I learned a long time ago, and I know that my mother sings it even still, but it's one that I love to sing. This isn't a full TME today, but take this song and make it your own in your therapy practice. Here are my cards.


Here's a link to the sheet music, courtesy of the Iowa Digital Library. I usually use a fingerpicking pattern to accompany my singing. This is a great lullaby for me - if you ever need to put me to sleep, then learn this song. It will probably take all the verses, however, just in case you are an intern trying to lull me into a nap.

I need to put in the source of this song onto my cards - according to the Iowa Digital Library (I'm going to have to bookmark this site!), the tune is an Old Welsh Air and Walter Maynard is responsible for the English words. This version has some more words as well! Hooray!! I love it when I can find something to add to what I already know and love.

Please take this song and use it somehow with someone who needs some peace. It will be in my head all day, telling me to know that peace will come, if I breathe and take some time to find it.

Peace attend thee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA