If You've Never Read This Blog Before...

On days like these, I spend quite a bit of time sitting and staring at the cursor blinking and blinking. I look for things to inspire me, and come up short. So, I think about my days at work and my self-care plans and try to find something to write about. I am still searching for something that makes me think about music or therapy or me.

This is a place where I sort out things.

Over the years that I've been writing this blog, I've used posts to figure out my thoughts about interns and internships, MLE, my own relationship with music therapy, my cat makes lots of appearances, and I spend lots of time just talking about what is happening in my life at any given moment. I've found that writing almost-daily posts is a good exercise for thinking about what music, therapy, and music therapy means to me as a professional and as a human. Writing helps me work through challenges.

So, if you've never read this blog before, as you go over the older posts, you'll find some things that are interesting and (probably) many more things that are not. You will find lots of posts under the label, "TME Tuesday" - to search, find the magnifying glass icon and then type in the label that you want to find. Almost every post is labeled, "Music Therapy," so that's probably not the best one to search for... I use lots of labels, so there are many terms to search. 

If you've read this blog before, then you know that I try to follow a couple of themes every week. There's TME Tuesdays, Thoughtful Thursdays, and Synthesis Sundays. I'm still sorry that I missed TME Tuesday this past week - didn't even occur to me that it was Tuesday. I like to share things with other therapists, so this is one of my ways to do this.

Thank you for reading (especially reading through this post which really has nothing to do with music, therapy, or music therapy. Tomorrow is a Synthesis Sunday - Chapter Nine in my current textbook, so stay tuned!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA