Fun Friday: Making Things

Okay, okay. I know I write about this lots and lots, but today is a day where I get to make some things...with my interns...during work hours...with my stuff...

That means that I have to collect various and sundry things - my big laminator, my laminating pouches, some punches, some fancy scissors, fun paper, my book of music games (which I found AGAIN!), and my imagination before I leave for work this morning.

I want to make some board games today, so I'll be focusing on using my book of music games (which is no longer in print, so I'm going to be working on making other copies of these games so I have them forever and ever in multiple forms). After our individual music therapy sessions, we are going to make things. I can't wait!!

I went to the Western Regional conference last year and was able to run my first Make and Take session for clinical music therapists. We made a schedule board - something that many of us use in interactions with clients who learn best with a visual prompt. After folks finished the first board, I let them go to make whatever they wanted to make. It was fascinating to see what the music therapy collective came up with during the second half of the session.

I strongly aver that one music therapist is a very creative being. Add another music therapist into a conversation about things and the creativity can expand. Add another and the creativity expands exponentially. One person has an idea, and the others develop that idea into more and more ideas. This is one of the reasons that I like sharing type presentations at conference, and I find that there aren't many of those types of things to go see.

Here are some pictures of the things I've made over the years. Happy Friday, all! I'm going to work to make some things...
Manners Song Lapbook

3-Part Schedule Board

Once An Austrian Went Yodeling

Emotion Snowman Cards

Monkeys Jumping on the Bed

Counting Strips

Instrument Family Lapbook

Anger Monsters

Song File Folders
One of These Things


Transportation Folder

Generic Board Game Folder

On Top of Spaghetti

6-Piece Schedule Board

By the way, if you are interested in getting your own copies of these things, let me know. Some of them are on my Teachers Pay Teachers store and many more are coming. Music therapy visuals made by a music therapist - stay tuned for more information!!
AMTA Take a Chance Visual Aid Bundle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA