Benefits of Rest - Brainstorming, Creativity, and Of Course, the Rest...

I took the day off yesterday. After blogging and getting ready to go to work, I made it almost out of my town before feeling like I really needed to be back home. So, after much debate with myself, I listened to what my body was telling me, and I went back home. I contacted my supervisor and my interns and then went back to sleep. I slept for an additional 4 hours, woke up, and remained in bed resting all day. Then, I slept all night as well. Something is going on in my body, and the rest was necessary.

I spent some of my bed time engaged in brainstorming.

I have an idea book and lots of different colored pens near my bed, so it was really easy to record those ideas as soon as they arrived in my head. I filled up about six pages of ideas of things I could make for my Teachers Pay Teachers store, including a bullet journal planner for music therapists. My head was filled with ideas and TMEs and ways to structure my own life.

Now, I have the task of making these ideas into reality.

For me, that's the hard part. Ideas tumble out of my brain and are replaced by new ideas - ideas build on other ideas and just keep going. Making those ideas into actual products takes more time than I like devoting to specific things. I should probably find a bunch of people who like making those things to help me go faster into production rather than remaining in visioning. 

For now, though, I am going to work on a series of visuals for sequencing songs. I have about six songs that I can illustrate and then post in my store. I just need to sit down and do it! That's the thing to do right now. My sequencing song visual aid series...

Time to get out the watercolors, the watercolor paper, the water-fast markers, and the songs. I hope to have a couple of songs finished by today - artwork, digital copies, TMEs, TPT files, and uploading all done by this evening. We will see if that actually happens. The only person in my way is me!

Time to go.

Happy Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA