TME Tuesday: One of My Books - Specifically for Adolescents

One of the things that I do in my "spare time" is put together collections of therapeutic music experiences (TMEs) into books. I've written something like 8 books of TME collections for music therapists, all based on either populations or on therapeutic themes. Today, I'd like to share the first book I ever wrote, More Than Lyric Analysis: Therapeutic Music Experiences for Adolescents.



Table of Contents
Introduction. 3
Would You Rather? Chant Game. 4
Artist Information Sheets. 7
Gross Motor Exercise Stations. 9
Emotion Instruments. 11
Breathe In, Breathe Out 13
Lyric Analysis: Downtown. 15
Instrument Families. 17
Instrument Problem-Solving. 18
Movement – The Locomotion. 19
Instrument Play and Game - Obwisana. 21
On a Roll – Song Lyric Recall 23
Sound Around the Room.. 24
Sound Awareness. 27
Stereo Symbol Movement 29
Lyric Analysis: Strange Things. 31
There’s a Pickle on My Head. 33
Appendix. 36

Designed to address many goal domains, this collection of TMEs offers music therapists clinically-tested ideas and experiences for adolescents with a variety of treatment needs.

For the month of September, this collection of TMEs is available for $17.00 USD. Click the link here to find information about how to purchase. While you are there, check out the free resources available on my site and see about signing up for Composition and Creativity, our first CMTE course!

Happy Tuesday, all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA