Thoughtful Thursday: Memories - I Like Looking Back

I am an off-an-on-again journaler. I have always liked the idea of writing my thoughts down, but I have never really been all that consistent with the writing thing. I am much better now than I used to be, and I think that it's because I found blogging and now have a place to type my ideas rather than writing them in a book that I have to keep track of, etc. etc.

I have bullet journals, idea journals, personal journals, supervising journals, and this blog where I write. Of all of these things, I am most faithful about writing on my blog because that is where I work out thoughts and ideas. The other journals happen as they happen, and I like that system. It takes the pressure off of me in ways that I didn't know even existed. I can pick up any of my journals and work in them for a bit and then walk away from them for a long stretch of time. It is the system that works for me.

One of my favorite features of Facebook is the Memories feed. I enjoy looking at what I was thinking back over the 9 years I've been on Facebook. Today's posts included two about my mother being here for my surgery recuperation. We apparently spent some time looking up the words to "I'm Looking Over My Dead Dog, Rover." Not an important post, but a good glimpse into who we are as people, even now!!

My therapeutic music experience (TME) file is a memory keeping file as well. I have notated the initials of clients who inspired specific songs during the composition of those songs. Flipping through my TME card file and my electronic database of TMEs is a nostalgic process for me. I get to remember the clients who have been part of my music therapy life and who have influenced the life of other clients. I can remember that R inspired the "I Like Making Sounds" TME that current client S just loves right now. It offers me a perspective on how music works with different people.

That's all for now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA