Synthesis Sunday: My Most Favorite Chapter EVER!!

Chapter six in Music, Therapy, and Early Childhood: A Developmental Approach, by Elizabeth Schwartz, is one of my favorites (so far). This is a bit facetious as the chapter is only two pages and sets up the next several chapters very well. Today, I am all about thinking briefly. The other part of it is that this brief chapter sets up the other part of book and leads me into thinking about what will be happening in the other chapters of the book. This is my type of chapter!

In these two pages, Schwartz sets up the framework which is the reason for the entire book. This chapter starts the synthesis (is it any wonder that I like this book so much??) of the information touched upon in the first five chapters. This chapter sets up the concept that the framework itself will be based on "the Briggs/Bruscia theoretical model of musical development" and will group common goal areas including "singing, playing, music movement, and musical understandings" (p. 48). This sets me up for some interesting discoveries in the next several weeks.

(It also prompts me to go back and read more about "the Briggs/Bruscia theoretical model of musical development." I think it will be a good idea to review that part of the book again before delving into the next several chapters. So, off I go to read and think and think and read and synthesize.

See you next week for Chapter seven!!


Schwartz, E. (2008). Music, therapy, and early childhood: A developmental approach. Gilsum, NH: Barcelona Publishers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA