Thoughtful Thursday: The Saga Continues...

Did you think that this was going to be a post about me and my work as a music therapist?

Nope.

Sorry to disappoint.

This post is going to be about my favorite movies of all time. The Star Wars saga - birthed by George Lucas and continued by Disney. Uh-oh, I just lost about half of you when I revealed this fact about the post (and myself).

Okay, I love the Star Wars movies - all of them - from the first to the most recent, and I get to see the latest installment TONIGHT! I am going to see SOLO.

Most folks don't realize how much of a big deal this is for me. I am going to an evening movie (never do that) that I paid full price for (again, NEVER do that) and sit in a completely full theater with my fellow Star Wars enthusiasts! I will get the free small popcorn that I got for my birthday earlier this week and a Sprite in a commemorative cup! I will go to my seat, H-13, recline a bit, and settle in to watch this next story. I may even wear my Star Wars Table of Elements t-shirt just to really geek out.

These stories have been part of my life for a very long time. I am old enough to have seen every single story in the theater, and I own them all. My home is full of memorabilia, and I just cannot wait until I am able to think about what the next chapter adds to the overall story.

This new movie probably won't add too much to the overall story because it just really fills in the background of one of the characters, but that's fine. There are some times when stories just have to be stories. I know it will be full of chases, explosions, scams, scandals, and near escapes. That's what a summer movie is for - excitement! I will probably go back to see the movie again this next week. The first watch is for the sensory experience and the second watch is for understanding what is actually happening in the story.

I know one thing for sure - there will be commemorative cups each time!

Only 12 hours to go!!

May the Force be with you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA