The Last Two Weeks of School

I'm to that part of the school year where it just doesn't seem that the end of the year can come quickly enough to satisfy me. There is lots to do and the promise of time off is there, beckoning me towards rest and relaxation. The week off is there, shining like a diamond, but it is currently behind glass - unreachable.

This is the way I feel before every break from work. 

I'm trying really hard not to get myself too excited about the break and overloading my expectations with lists and lists of things that I want to do, but it is difficult. I'm getting a new exercise bike, so I need to rearrange things a bit to make the office and television area more conducive to working on the computer while exercising. That means going through, tossing out, shredding, recycling, repurposing, donating things to others, and reorganizing. 

Before I can get to that point, however, I have to get through the last two weeks of school. The postponed talent show is supposed to happen this Friday, but may need to morph into a virtual talent show which will mean filming all of the students and posting the event on our server.

Speaking of servers, we are changing to a new electronic medical record program today. Should be interesting to see what is present and required for this program. The last one was adequate. This one has been touted as "the greatest program EVER!" We'll see. I already know that the way things are being set up will not be conducive to what the Creative Arts Department need - as usual, we have not been asked about how we need to do documentation. We shall see what goes on once we get our passwords this morning to go live. 

My countdown is official now - we have 10 days left until the last day of school (for teachers - we have an inservice day on the 24th).

For the next two weeks, I have to figure out the Talent Show, keep folks practicing for the graduation ceremony, explore this new EMR program, keep music therapy expectations consistent for my clients, put the final preparations in place for my intern who starts on June 4th, and lead the choir in the graduation ceremony. I also have to figure out some lingering illness issues and survive all of the hoopla in order to get to my earned week of time away from work.

Ten days. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel otherwise known as "the 2017-2018 School Year."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA