A Good Weekend - Bullet Journaling - Other Thoughts as Appropriate for This Monday Morning

Continuing in a vein of self-care, as I am wont to do, I'm going to tell you about my weekend.

It was a good weekend for me. I had an opportunity to do some chores, made some plans, and created a new file folder idea complete with song to share pretty soon. I've finished the concept for another TME as well. I had enough leftovers in the freezer that I didn't have to cook anything, and I spent time reading for fun as well as reading for professional enrichment. It was a good weekend.

I've found that self-care is something that is both difficult and easy to accomplish. For me, self-care comes in finding my balance between the things I have to do to stay happy and healthy and the things I want to do for my own peace of mind. This was a well-balanced weekend, and that helped me accomplish things and have some relaxation time as well.

Sometimes, self-care is something that I struggle with and other times, it comes easily. I try my best to get things done, but I often err on the side of doing things that I want to do rather than doing the things that I need to do.

Two weeks of bullet journaling...
To help myself to get things done that need to be done, I've recently changed my way of doing my personal bullet journal. I'm finding my way into this world of bullet journaling, and I am also finding it somewhat difficult to figure out what works the best for me. I've decided to try a task list rather than a daily entry journal. I write my tasks down in one place, errands in another, and upcoming appointments in yet another. As I finish something, I color-code it as "complete." As you can see, my process changes from week to week. I will continue to try things out so I can find my way of doing things.

Oops - I need to go. I have an intern interview/audition today, so I need to go and make sure that the person can sit down in my office. I feel ready for this day, thanks to the good weekend and the self-care that I was able to achieve. I'm ready for the busy week ahead.

That's the real reason for self-care, isn't it? Being ready to do our jobs? I think I am ready.

Have a good week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA