My "Things I Want To Do" List is Getting Longer and Longer

Something that I am adding to my bullet journal is a page that lists "Things I Want to Do." This page is all about fanciful thinking and dreams - there is nothing about this page that has to be done, but there are many things that I hope will be done at some point!

It is a fun exercise to dream about what could be.

This is one of the things that is on my self-care plan. I spend quite a bit of time imagining possibilities for myself and for others. I want to share my ideas about music therapy with others out there in the world in ways that I am currently and in new ways. I want to travel. I'd like to go places where other music therapists go, but I'd also just like to ramble a bit around this beautiful world.

I want to publish a book - something published by someone other than me.

I want to have the time to finish the things I've started. I want to buy my own house. I want, I want, I want...

Some of these things are things that I can accomplish without much financial output. Clearing out my home is something that I just need to do - it doesn't take any money, but it does take lots of time, energy, and effort. Exercising doesn't take any more money (except for some new shoes - I really do need some of those), but again takes time, energy, and effort. Eating better is something that I am always looking towards, and I am making strides towards that goal (freezing things helps me with menu planning and eating better).

Some of the things on the list require more money than I have at this point. Traveling is one of those things. Unless I get invited to go with others, my travel plans are a bit stunted by the need for money. I wonder if there are any music therapy associations or groups out there who would like to pay travel expenses and lodging expenses for someone who could offer continuing education courses. I'd work for expenses and not need anything else, I promise!! I want to go places and see things. Heck, I'd even go to someplace like Paola, KS (where I work, a little bitty town that very few people know about- figured if I used that town, nobody could be offended) if someone asked me! 

The nice thing about a list like this is that it will never end. I can add to it any time with any entry. Yesterday, as I was driving home, I decided that I want to go to the Dakotas at some point. I don't know when I'll go, but I've decided that I will go at some point. The Dakotas are some of the few states that I have not been to in the 48 contiguous states, so I want to go see them. That is something that I can do for some money (within my financial reach, easily), but that would also be a bit of an adventure. 

I find that it is important to dream every once in a while.

I'm going to keep adding to my "Want To Do" list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA