I Got Nothing

I'm so very tired at the moment, trying to figure out how to break a stubborn fever along with pneumonia of some sort as well as not sleeping since I started my medications. I've spent more time at home than at work this week, so I'm getting pretty tired of my own company as well. The cat leaves rooms when I enter them, so my interpretation of her behavior is that she is tired of my presence as well.

When this happens, I tend to binge-watch crime shows and sit with an idea book nearby. I felt some ideas coming, so I scrounged up an old spiral notebook and watched NCIS (LOVE MARK HARMON!). I did some drawing earlier this week and later, I just let my mind wander all over the paper.

I fixated on the word "jumpy" for a time. The cat seemed pretty jumpy, so I doodled the word over and over using different fonts. I enjoy lettering so I just focused on that for a bit of time. As I was sitting there, my mind started to wander towards music therapy things.

I was reflecting on the group of people who chose to spend time with me at the Western Regional Conference. About 25 people attended my session on making a schedule board. As they were making things, I was thinking about how much I love making things and how much I enjoyed watching them learn about the process.

A while back, I ran a webinar that I called "Creativity Camp." Only one person attended, but I like to think that she got some interesting ideas from the webinar. I feel the need to do another one.

So, I am going to plan a Music Therapy Creativity Camp for a weekend in the near future. There may even be a book (or pamphlet) to come out of this thought - things MTs need to know about making their own visual aids (needs a better title). This is something I love, and I want to share it with others. I hope that more than one person shows up for the camp, but if no one does, at least I've tried.

I'm off to work for a half-day and then to the doctor for more x-rays and then to a Good Friday service. Happy Friday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA