Finding My Way

Do you ever have one of those mornings when people just rub you the wrong way?? All the time?? Just by being???

This day is shaping up to be one of those days.

One of the situations that happened this morning was a snarky email by someone who thinks I'm not doing one of my many jobs because a scam letter was received. The person obviously did not look at the scam letter very closely as it states at the bottom that it is not affiliated with the government at all AND that they charge a fee for any and all services that they provide. It just set my mood to harumph and that's that.

My blood pressure seems to be up, and I have little to no food in the pantry because I put off grocery shopping until after my trip, and I have no desire to actually put on real pants in order to go outside and be around real people today. 

After sleeping in all week and being late to work, today my eyes popped open at 4 am, and I haven't been able to get back to sleep. The one day I was actually able to sleep in, and my body won't cooperate. Figures. Something else to complain about.

Now, I have a choice to make - one that will dictate how I will feel at the end of this day.

I can dwell on the things that are making my life a bit less than what I want, or I can decide to proceed in a different way. It's up to me to figure out what I will do from here on out.

I have lots of stuff to do today.

I need to purchase eight composition books for my centers next week. I have cards to make, stickers to print, laminating to do, and reading to do. I have a blog post to finalize for publication (it probably should have been done already), food to shop for, and things to put away.

My decision comes in that I need to figure out whether I will go through my day in a positive manner or a negative one. If I continue down the path that I started down on this morning, my day will be full of negativity. If I take some time now to reset my day, I will be more productive and better off by the end of the day.

I would rather take some time to reset now and find my positivity. So, that's what I am going to do.

Time to reframe my thoughts and responses to things. 

I am going to take a deep breath.
As I am breathing, I am going to remember that people do not always read things carefully.
As I am breathing, I am going to remember that I can only control my responses to things that happen - it is not my job to ensure that others do what they are supposed to do - I can only take care of myself.

I will make my to-do list. 
I will prioritize that to-do list. 
I will complete what I can complete and will let the other things go.
I will celebrate when I complete tasks.

I will restart my day as of right now. 

Time to breathe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA