I DID IT!

In my most recent posts, I've been lamenting the fact that I made a choice to get behind in my clinical documentation. Let me be COMPLETELY clear about this - I CHOSE to get behind, and I paid the consequences. I didn't do the work when I had the time to do the work, and I had to adapt and not get to do what I wanted to do because I (and ONLY I) made a choice.

I am happy to report that I am no longer behind in my documentation.

That's right. I finished all of my clinical notes. I am completely caught up with my professional responsibilities. I have 20 more sessions and 186 more notes to do before Winter Break, but that is the normal amount of notes and sessions that I do every week. I can get those done at the usual time (as long as I keep up with them the way I usually do...).

It is easy, isn't it, to find excuses for not doing the work that is expected of each of us. I'm a champion procrastinator, so I am used to putting things off, even when I know that it isn't in my best interest. One of the things that I have NEVER done, however, is blame someone else for my own failings. When I choose not to do something when it needs to be done, I know that it is all my choice!

Now, however, I am finished with that particular challenge. I made a professionally responsible choice and did what I had to do! I am no longer burdened with the thought, "You need to do your notes. You need to do your notes." (Imagine that with a John Marley-type voice...) Now I get to do the fun stuff like make visual aids and send off surprises to people near and far.

My next challenge?

My living area. Ugh. It is so difficult to get motivated to clean when the lure of file folder creation is calling to me in a siren song. Oh well. Off to go shopping for stockings, pack things up for a trip in 9 days, and start the cleaning process!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA