Saturday

I am going to spend some time today making something. I have some birdhouses halfway painted for my sister's new home. I got some new file folders for making file folder activities for my clients and for my friends. I have some slippers to crochet (as long as my sprained finger holds out). I also want to bake something to splurge on. At some point, I need to do laundry so I have clothing to wear next week, but that can be done tomorrow.

It is Saturday, and I had my "I just want to stay in bed all day" day yesterday on my day off! I'm a day ahead of my self-care routine, so I get to have some play time.

Several years ago, I won a basket full of paints in the American Music Therapy Association's National Conference silent auction. It was a large basket full of paints, and I am just now finding things to do with the contents. My art therapist friend, Tawnya, has taught me to make mixed media backgrounds for various projects, and I want to make some today with those paints. I'll experiment with canvas and paper and wood and whatever else I have squirreled away in my craft room. I just gotta find some drying space. 

There is such promise in a day without work obligations.

This Saturday is also a day without friend appointments. I have some work to do - CBMT stuff and writing and making videos - but that is not full-time work, that is fun work, so I can do those things when I want and how I want.

I am not going to establish any goals for myself today. I am just going to go through the day.

Tomorrow, more about Mercedes Pavlicevic - Chapter Four. See you then!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sing A Song Sunday - The Time Change Song (Fall)

Being An Internship Director: Why I Do Very Little Active Recruitment

Dear AMTA